Wednesday, October 11, 2006

unclear




What is the point of nuclear weapons?
Little Boy the atomic bomb dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima showed the planet the ultimate devastation created by such an invention, so much so that some argue that this was the true ending of the Second World War. As it was a frightening future if peace was not soon achieved.

Lets talk about innocence, in times of war.
Lets get one thing straight, if anyone picks up a weapon even in self-defence, you are no longer innocent. I’m getting very tired of hearing about soldiers deaths reported in the media. I have no sympathy as we don’t have conscription in this country anymore.
If you invade a country with the intention of attacking its occupants expect collateral damage. Expect that you could die.

I repeat, if you pick up a weapon, even in self-defence, you are no longer innocent.

I don’t claim my self as innocent either, just so you don’t think that my ego has swelled to Supreme Being importance. I spent over five years in the Army Cadet Force in my youth and reached the rank of Sergeant, so I am by no means innocent and definitely not ignorant of this subject either.

Why are you telling us this mike? What’s your problem? Well.
This week North Korea has tested at least one nuclear weapon.
This has dramatic repercussions for the world’s population, as North Korea is already on the most extensive hate list ever devised, George W. Bush’s Axis of Evil list.
Lets not forget that Iraq was invaded and destabilised due to the fraudulent intelligence that Saddam Hussein harboured weapons of mass destruction. Now North Korea has openly admitted and tested that it has such weapons.

Now lets get another thing straight, I have no problem with nuclear power, I think it has a lot of potential and needs to be studied more. But weapons on the other hand are a different kettle of fish, so to speak. Nuclear weapons are indiscriminate they can’t help but destroy innocent lives they are too devastating.
There was no need for North Korea to display this.

OH BY THE WAY. NORTH KOREA DIDN'T TEST THE NUCLEAR WEAPON. NORTH KOREA IS A COUNTRY. Certain members of the North Korean population intiated its nuclear programme and the this test.

Why are wars still fought? How can one man (now a politician) justify committing armies of essentially living people to kill other people just because he disagrees with another country’s leader’s views? I want to see Politicians fight, I mean really fight for their beliefs see how committed to their cause they really are. I think that would make BBC Parliament a hell of a lot more interesting. And it would certainly restore my faith in democracy too. As all this text voting for big brother and pop idol gives us a crude deluded democracy that needs changing really soon.