Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Stars Shine On



This is a song by a band that separated a few years ago now but this song is fantastic. I want to share with you it’s lyrical and poetic genius.
Ah yes. You might want to have a go by singing this in an Irish accent; in fact I’ll do it for you.

Some people say that you are what you eat,
But in that case I’m nothing.
I don’t eat any vegetables. I don’t eat any meat.
I’m as empty as an unused coffin.

My thoughts are just reactions out of touch with my emotions,
I’m as shallow as a puddle in the sun (puddle in the sun)
And my life’s not that appealing cos I don’t have any feeling.
I wanna have little bit of fun.

And when I walk alone at night and think about it all.
In relation to the stars in the sky my trouble seems so small.
The nearest star so far away, and bigger than the sun and I’m just one.

When I compare me, to the galaxy.
My troubled soul begins to see.
I’m a grain of sand on the biggest beach.
And there are places my annoyances will never reach.

I don’t affect the colour of the Milky Way.
They are only really relevant today.
In a million years they’ll have disappeared.
My tears and fears won’t count in anyway.

But the stars shine on. (Repeat and fade plus instrumental)

Taken from the Album “Bummer” by the band “watercress.”
Rare as rocking horse shit now, especially my signed copy.