Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Just Some Questions.



How come it is taking Homo sapiens such a long time to sort things out for themselves?

It is thought that humans first began to think creatively over two hundred thousand years ago, so why do we still have problems socially, politically and well generally. Did the first human to think this way suddenly snap and grunt, “Why am I surrounded by idiots?” and then did he proceed to build a big wall around himself and his family group, away from the rest?

Is it a desire for more? And if it is, why should we have more? How can we justify having more?

Why are there such things as charities? I hate idea really. I always find myself asking the question “Why does a problem exist to such an extent to require other people to throw money at it?” and also “does just throwing money at a problem make it go away?”
I’ll give you a for instance. I’m doing my bit for the children’s charity the “NSPCC” by not abusing children. Now you see where I’m coming from. If everyone asked himself or herself what was the right thing to do, then surely everyone would be happier.
Why are there times of plenty and times of need, when every living thing on this planet can have exactly what it needs.

I remember after the invasion of Iraq in 2002, Tony Blair announcing that the Coalition was re-opening the “Oil-for-Food” programme. I thought how about no? How about give them fair trade on both items?

Why are we still fighting? Who says this patch of earth is yours or mine? Why are there people willing to kill for resources? Why don’t we share and we’ll all have more than enough?