Thursday, August 14, 2008

Letters From The Underground



My favorite band the "Levellers" have released an album this week.
When I say "they released an album", I mean THEY. No middlemen involved.
They recorded, produced and distributed this album. The only TRUE "Indie" band.
In a week that saw the Kaiser Chiefs slam other bands for creating "Indie by numbers." They are a fine one to talk.

This album pulls no punches and doesn't use connotations dress up serious issues which they have been known to do in previous albums.
I love the album a friend referred to the lyrics as "deep". This is in fact false, the lyrics are more "NOT THE FACE" lyrics.
This is a real good quality punk album that the punk era sadly lacked.

My only criticism is that the lyrics can be a bit inaudible at some points.

please watch the video above, make up your own minds.
If you enjoy it, some choices lay before you. Buy it in shops, Download it or get a free copy off a mate that likes the levellers. Apathy is not an option.

I will save Piracy for a whole other post. But Jon Sevink Violinist for the Levellers stated in an interview this week "free music isn't the future, it's the present" I'll leave that statement with you.

Labels: , ,