Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Movie Reviews By 11 Yearolds.

I rarely read news papers, I happened across this today, and it annoyed me.
click on the picture below and read his article.



How cute it was. 11 yearolds writing news.

This was my resonding e-mail sent to the daily mail this afternoon I doubt that they would ever publish this letter.

I am commenting on the article on page 57 of The Daily Mail on the 12th of August 2008, written by Christopher Andrews aged 11.
I know this news paper is famed for heart warming tales, kids writing stuff etc, but this article is ridiculous.

He clearly has not seen the film himself. As he is only basing his article on some other articles that he has read himself.
He also claims to be a batman fan too this also sounds to be inaccurate, there have been many different incarnations of the "Joker" each one displaying a different origin.
This fact is briefly mentioned in "The Dark Knight".
So no depiction of a comic book character should be accepted as cannon.
I am in no way claiming to be a huge Batman fan, but I do however feel as I can comment on this topic.
The "latest" two "Batman" Movies are a reinvention of the franchise, to make them more realistic, they have achieved this flawlessly.
I'm sure no one compared Cesar Romero's Joker to Jack Nicholson's Joker. This is a new Joker, simple as.

How can he know about the Joker's origins in 1989 batman movie any way as he is 11 years old, and the movie is still rated 15, why was he allowed to see it.

If you want to discuss the use of knives and knife crime that is all well and good but don't leave these important issues for children to raise.

The Movie is fantastic. my only gripe is that it was rated a 12A. this should be debated more. I agree with Ian Duncan Smith on this one. It was too dark and violent for this rating and I have seen less violent movies get a higher rating.

Thank you for your time.

I do hope that this paper continues to use young people opinions on important matters.
I also hope that when young Christopher is old enough, he gets to see this movie and enjoy it on as many levels that I did.


mikes-soapbox.co.uk